Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Alpine Team Hunger Force at 7'800 Feet

We got a spot update last night from Team Hunger Force and it appears they are back at Ski Hill.  Some refer to this area as the "Northeast Fork."  My guess is that the Cassin Ridge was not in condition for climbing safely, and since it is early in the season and that route only has about 10% success rate, I wouldn't be surprised.  Richard (James' father) made a very good point that often times on the internet people only report of their successes, not their failures.  It's important to realize, and I know Scott and James do, that the game of mountaineering is one of suffering.  Slogging, enduring wretched storms, eating less than ideal meals,   all to get MAYBE a chance at climbing is the essence of mountaineering and really, life.  

I have NO clue what they will do next, but I'll keep updating with any info I get!







Ski Hill Camp - SPOT Location "OK"

Ski Hill Camp - SPOT Location "OK"


Having made it to the base of the Cassin, this would be the route to the top.



Scott and James made it to the base of the Cassin Ridge to see if it would go.

No comments:

Post a Comment