Monday, April 29, 2013

Glacier Geography

Waldo is easy to locate compared to Scotty. While I'm usually the one sending out the spot signal I am loving getting the updates on Team AHF.

The following photos show their whereabouts and what I especially like is the map image of a couple of their first objectives.

My dad bought me a couple books for my ACL recovery and one of them is on Denali which of course I've begun reading again with a different perspective. Fact: The climbing permits allowed on Denali per year are limited to 1500, yet they've never had to turn down anyone. All time summit success rates are around 52 percent.  I thought Scott being gone maybe I'd get around to reading other books, it's starting to look like I was wrong.

I'm not sure how many people know this but I too have aspirations of climbing "The Tall One" and so I've actually been enjoying the process of collecting info on the mountain and I've always been a pretty solid arm chair mountaineer. It's not easy having Scotty be gone and I've been a total chick about it, but in reality I'm a little jealous of his adventure. The combination of my own infatuation with the mountain and my relationship with Scott is probably resulting with a bit of an obsession in a quest for knowledge about the mountain, thus this blog but Scotty's also put a lot on the line to make this climb and follow his dreams and I'm proud of him for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment